The “If we can’t find them, we’ll have to create them,” strategy to the skilled labor shortage.
Welcome to Episode #50 of The Construction Leading Edge, the #1 construction podcast for construction business owners, brought to you by www.constructionleadingedge.com, which continues to tackle the skilled labor shortage problem in construction.
This episode is an interview with Shawn Van Dyke, COO of a trim and millwork contractor in Knoxville, TN and a 20 year veteran of the construction industry.
Topics covered in this construction podcast episode:
- The unique approach his company is taking to solve the skilled labor shortage problem.
- “If we can’t find them, maybe they don’t exist. Maybe we’ll have to create them.”
- The surprising page on their website that has been a powerful recruiting tool.
- How new hires can achieve a level of skill at a craft much faster than was possible in the past.
- How social media helps their carpenters hone and improve their skills.
- Practical advice you can use to clean up the paperwork side of your business.
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast episode:
Shawn’s website – www.shawnvandyke.com
Shawn’s email – connect(at)shawnvandyke.com
If for some reason you have not joined The Construction Leading Edge Nation…